In partnership with Christian parents, Allendale Christian School provides an environment where passionate teachers and staff model the Christian walk, integrate faith in learning, and lead students in the Word of the Lord.
- God is creator and sustainer of the universe.
- The Bible, the infallible Word of God, is the truth.
- All mankind is in need of salvation.
- Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.
- The Holy Spirit brings sinners to Christ.
- Our children belong to God.
- The Holy Spirit empowers us to live a spirit-filled life.
- God requires parents to teach their children to serve Him in all areas.
We believe in God's Big Story of Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Restoration. Because we believe the Lord is Lord of all life, we also believe obedience to Him involves us in a thorough investigation of the world. Students and teachers should seek to integrate their faith in all areas of learning and life. Students at ACS will be given the opportunities to grow in their knowledge and understanding of God, and live out the calling to aid in restoring the world to how God intended it to be.
Consequently, our education will encourage students to be...
- Academically successful in high school and beyond.
- Effective communicators that think critically and write and speak thoughtfully (Loving Communicator).
- Confident that God loves them, and others, as His unique and valuable masterpiece (Image Reflector).
- Able to see, cultivate, and use their God-given abilities in worship to God (Beauty Creator).
- Mature disciples of Christ that confidently share their faith and the gospel with others. (God Worshiper).
- Able to discern the world through the lens of scripture. (Idolatry Discerner).
- Concerned for their fellow man and eager to show Christ’s love to others through action. (Justice Seeker).
- Servants within their community (Servant Worker and Community Builder).
- Stewards of creation, find beauty and order in God’s world (Creation Enjoyer, Earth Keeper, and Order Discoverer).
- Thankful to those who provided them the gift of Christian education
1. We believe the Bible is God breathed, inspired by the Holy Spirit and the absolute Word of God. (Biblical reference: Deuteronomy 4:2, Psalm 19:7-9, Proverbs 30:5-6; 1 Corinthians 2:10; Galatians 1:6-10; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe that there is one God, a Holy Trinity, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Biblical reference: Genesis 1:1-3; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 12:29; John 1:1-4; II Corinthians 13:14)
3. We believe in God the Father. We believe He is the creator of all, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself sovereignly in the affairs of each person, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Biblical reference: Genesis 21:33; Exodus 33:14; II Samuel 24:14; Isaiah 40:28; Jeremiah 31:3, 32:17, 33:3; Romans 5:8 and 11:33-34; Ephesians 1:19-20; Hebrews 4:16; I John 5:14-15; Revelations 4:8)
4. We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ the Savior. We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His continuous intercession for His people, and in His personal return with power and great glory. (Biblical reference: Matthew 24:30; Luke 1: 34-35; John 1: 1- 2, 14, 3:16; Romans 3:23-26, 8:34-39; I Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 4:14-15)
5. We believe in God the Holy Spirit, the Helper and Comforter. We believe in His daily guidance and revelation of truth, in His conviction of sin, and in His indwelling presence at the moment of salvation, enabling believers to live godly lives. (Biblical reference: John 3:5-8, 4:24, 14:16-17, 16:13-14; Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:6-16, 12:13; Ephesians 4:30-32, 5:18)
6. We believe that everyone is born with a sinful nature, separated from God and in need of salvation. Rebirth by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for salvation through the repentance from sin and the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. (Biblical Reference: John 3:5-8, 5:24; Acts 2:21; Ephesians 1:6-7, 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; I Peter 1:23)
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal death. (Biblical reference: Luke 16:19-26; II Corinthians 5:8; II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:11-15)
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Biblical reference: Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 15:5-6; I Corinthians 11:23-26; 12:13; Hebrews 10:25)
Curriculum and instruction at ACS are grounded upon and bound by the Holy Scriptures (distinctly Christian), reflects a Reformed worldview, as it is interpreted in the doctrinal standards of the Reformed faith.