Nature-Based Preschool at ACS
A Typical Day in Nature-Based Preschool at ACS includes...
- Outdoor Play
- Large Group Meeting in the Great Beyond
- Nature Walk (Excursion) through God’s creation – including more than 4 acres of beautiful wooded space with trails
- Bible Story and a song
- Indoor Choice Time
- Large Group meeting (story, finger plays, theme development, Zoo Phonics)
- Small Groups
Curriculum and Standards used for the Nature-Based Preschool
Allendale Christian’s NBP will follow Michigan’s Early Childhood Standards of Quality, which are approved by the Michigan State Board of Education. The specific curriculum components will come from the following:
- Creative Curriculum for Preschool
- Zoo Phonics
- Resources from the Outdoor Discovery Center and other sources that specialize in Nature-Based Education
- Social skills will be taught and guided by Love and Logic, which is used school-wide.
ACS will partner with the Outdoor Discovery Center as a resource for NBP. The Discovery Center also partners with the upper grades at ACS to help implement effective nature-based opportunities for ACS students.